DeByers LLC Terms and Conditions of Sale
These general terms and conditions of sale apply to purchases of DeByers LLC products and services. Purchases made from appointed distributors or other independent resellers will be subject to terms and conditions of sale as may be separately established by each such distributor or reseller, which will in no event be binding upon DeByers LLC unless otherwise expressly agreed to.
Sales outside of North America, may be subject to separate or supplemental terms and conditions of sale. For further information, please consult DeByers LLC customer service.
These general terms and conditions of sale are as in effect at the time of publication and are subject to change at any time.
These general terms and conditions of sale (along with any associated written specification, quotation and/or supplemental terms and conditions provided by Seller) exclusively will govern the sale or licensing by Seller of all goods and services (including without limitation, hardware, firmware and software products, training, programming, engineering, parts, and consulting services – hereinafter, "Products") furnished to Buyer hereunder, whether such sale or licensing is effected by paper-based transactions or via facsimile or other forms of electronic data interchange (“EDI”) or electronic commerce, and represents the entire agreement between Buyer and Seller with respect thereto. Buyer's receipt or acceptance of delivery of any of the Products ordered or purchased hereunder will constitute its acceptance of these terms and conditions. No addition or modification to these terms and conditions will be binding on Seller unless agreed to in writing signed by an authorized representative at Seller's headquarters. Seller objects to and rejects other terms and conditions that may be proposed by Buyer or that appear on or are referenced in Buyer's purchase order or requisition that are in addition to or otherwise not consistent with the terms and conditions set forth or referenced herein.
Payment is due at time of order. If payment is refused by the Buyer’s bank or credit card institution, the sale will be considered null and void. The buyer agrees to remove any software that was installed and return any products that were delivered. The software purchase and authorization will be removed from the Buyer’s account.
Delivery terms are Ex Works Seller's plant or warehouse (per current Incoterms) or as otherwise agreed to as evidenced by Seller's order acknowledgment. In all cases title transfers to Buyer upon the earlier of Seller's delivery to Buyer or receipt by the first carrier for transport to Buyer, except that title to all intellectual property rights associated with the Products remains with Seller or its suppliers and licensors. Acknowledged shipping dates are approximate only and based on prompt receipt of all necessary information from Buyer. Seller disclaims all liability for late delivery. Where applicable, prepaid shipping will be billed as a separate invoice item.
1. Hardware: Seller warrants new hardware products to be free of defects in material, workmanship, and design for a period of 1 year from the date of invoice for the sale. Replacement or repaired products furnished as replacement for returned goods accepted under warranty shall be warranted for a period of 6 months from the date of shipment.
2. Software and Firmware: Unless otherwise provided in a Seller or third party license, Seller warrants that standard software or firmware Products furnished hereunder, when used with Seller-specified hardware, will perform in accordance with published specifications prepared, approved, and issued by Seller for a period of one (1) year from the date of invoice from Seller or its appointed distributor, as the case may be. Seller makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, that the operation of the software or firmware Products will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the functions contained therein will meet or satisfy Buyer's intended use or requirements.
3. Services: Seller warrants that Products comprised solely of services (e.g., training, on-site repair, engineering and custom application programming services) will be performed by appropriately skilled personnel employed or retained by Seller.
4. Buyer Specifications/Compatibility: Seller does not warrant and will not be liable for any design, materials, construction criteria or goods furnished or specified by Buyer (including that sourced from other manufacturers or vendors specified by Buyer). Any warranty applicable to such Buyer-specified items will be limited solely to the warranty, if any, extended by the original manufacturer or vendor directly or indirectly to Buyer. Seller does not warrant the compatibility of its Products with the goods of other manufacturers or Buyer's application except to the extent expressly represented in Seller's published specifications or written quotation.
5. Recyclable Materials: In keeping with environmental policies and practices, Seller reserves the right to utilize in its product manufacturing, repair and remanufacturing processes certain recyclable materials (e.g., fasteners, plastics and the like) or remanufactured parts equivalent to new in performance or parts which may have been subject to incidental use. However, such utilization will not affect any provided Product warranty or published reliability statistics.
6. Remedies: Remedies under the above warranties will be limited, at Seller's option, to the replacement, repair, re-performance or modification of, or issuance of a credit for the purchase price, of the Products involved, and where applicable, only after the return of such Products pursuant to Seller's instructions. Replacement Products may be new, remanufactured, refurbished or reconditioned at Seller's discretion. Buyer requested on-site warranty service (consisting of time, travel and expenses related to such services) will be at Buyer's expense. The foregoing will be the exclusive remedies for any breach of warranty or breach of contract arising therefrom.
7. General: Warranty satisfaction is available only if (a) Seller is provided prompt written notice of the warranty claim and (b) Seller's examination discloses that any alleged defect has not been caused by misuse; neglect; improper installation, operation, maintenance, repair, alteration or modification by other than Seller; accident; or unusual deterioration or degradation of the Products or parts thereof due to physical environment or electrical or electromagnetic noise environment.
8. THE ABOVE WARRANTIES ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, OR PERFORMANCE OR APPLICATION WARRANTIES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. Rights under the above warranties (subject to noted limitations) extend to Buyer's customers if Buyer is a Seller-appointed distributor for the Products.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SELLER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE, MATERIALS, ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, DATA, CONTRACT, GOODWILL OR THE LIKE (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT IN NATURE) OR FOR ANY OTHER FORM OF INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. SELLER'S MAXIMUM CUMULATIVE LIABILITY RELATIVE TO ALL OTHER CLAIMS AND LIABILITIES, INCLUDING OBLIGATIONS UNDER ANY INDEMNITY, WHETHER OR NOT INSURED, WILL NOT EXCEED THE COST OF THE PRODUCT(S) GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR LIABILITY. SELLER DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY RELATIVE TO GRATUITOUS INFORMATION OR ASSISTANCE PROVIDED BY, BUT NOT REQUIRED OF SELLER HEREUNDER. ANY ACTION AGAINST SELLER MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN EIGHTEEN (18) MONTHS AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. THESE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF ANY OTHER CONTRARY PROVISION HEREOF AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHERWISE, AND FURTHER WILL EXTEND TO THE BENEFIT OF SELLER'S VENDORS, APPOINTED DISTRIBUTORS AND OTHER AUTHORIZED RESELLERS AS THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES. EACH PROVISION HEREOF WHICH PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ANY OTHER PROVISION AND IS TO BE ENFORCED AS SUCH.
Intellectual Property Indemnity
In the event there is a finding that the design of Software licensed hereunder by DeByers LLC infringes any patent, utility model, copyright, or trademark granted or registered in the country of DeByers LLC’s shipping destination, YOU AGREE TO: (i) promptly inform DeByers LLC of the alleged infringement in writing; (ii) provide all reasonable information and assistance requested for the defense of DeByers LLC. DeByers LLC shall have no liability for any infringement that is based upon or arises out of: (a) compliance with Your instructions, specifications or designs; (b) use of Software in Your or a third-party process; (c) combinations with other equipment, software or materials, including Reseller/OEM Products, not supplied by DeByers LLC; or (d) Your failure to implement any update to the Software furnished by DeByers LLC.
In the event any Software is determined or believed by DeByers LLC to infringe the rights of a third party, DeByers LLC may, at its sole option and expense, elect to: (a) modify the Software so that it is non-infringing, (b) replace the Software with non-infringing Software that is functionally equivalent or superior in performance, (c) obtain a license for You to continue to use the Software as provided hereunder, or (d) if none of the foregoing can be achieved despite the reasonable efforts of DeByers LLC, terminate the license for the infringing Software, have You return or destroy such Software, and refund to You the license fees paid by Customer for such Software, prorated over twenty-four (24) months from the date of this Agreement on a straight-line basis. The foregoing states the sole and exclusive obligations of DeByers LLC for intellectual property infringement.
Licensed Software and Firmware
Use of Products comprised of software or firmware is subject to Buyer's acceptance of additional terms and conditions set forth in separate Seller(End User License Agreement, EULA) or third-party license agreements that will control to the extent necessary to resolve any conflict with the terms and conditions stated or otherwise referenced herein. In the absence of a separate Seller's license agreement, Buyer is granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use provided Seller's software or firmware only in object code form and solely in conjunction with Seller-provided Products, with no rights to sublicense, disclose, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise modify the software or firmware.
Packing and Marking
Buyer-specified packing or marking may be subject to additional charges not otherwise included in the price of the Products.
Weights and Dimensions
Published or advertised weights and dimensions are estimates or approximations only and are not warranted.
Prices and other information shown in any Seller publication (including product catalogs and brochures) are subject to change without notice and to confirmation by specific quotation. Such publications are not offers to sell and are maintained only as a source of general information. Prices do not include sales, use, excise, customs, value-added or similar taxes. Buyer will pay or reimburse Seller for all such taxes as may be applicable. Time and material services will be provided in accordance with Seller's published service rates (including applicable overtime and travel expenses) in effect as of the date such services are provided, unless otherwise confirmed by Seller's written quotation or order acknowledgment. Billable service time includes travel time to and from the job site and all time Seller's representatives are available for work and waiting (whether on or off the job site) to perform the services.
Changes and Substitutions
Buyer-requested order changes, including those affecting the identity, scope and delivery of the Products, must be documented in writing and are subject to Seller's prior approval and adjustments in price, scheduling and other affected terms and conditions. In any event, Seller reserves the right to reject any change that it deems unsafe, technically inadvisable or inconsistent with established engineering or quality guidelines and standards, or incompatible with Seller's design or manufacturing capabilities. Seller further reserves the right to substitute using the latest superseding revision or series or equivalent Product having comparable form, fit and function.
All returns of Products will be pursuant to Seller's instructions. Software that was purchased may be returned for a refund within 30 days from the date of purchase if the software has NOT been installed and Authorized. Once a software license has been installed and authorized it is no longer eligible for return. (For example, if the Buyer purchases a 5-user license and 2-users have Authorized the software, only 3/5ths of the purchase price is eligible for refund.)
Please contact DeByers LLC customer service in the event you wish to return a product for refund. Once a refund has been authorized, it may take up to 7 business days for the refund to be received. All refunds will be applied to the method of purchase. (If a credit card was used, any refund shall be applied to the same credit card. If a check was used for the purchase, the check must have cleared the Seller’s bank before any refund may be issued.)
In the event a software product is returned, the Buyer agrees to return or destroy all copies of the licensed software and associated materials.
Cancellation by Buyer prior to shipment is permitted only by written notice and upon payment to Seller of reasonable cancellation and restocking charges, including reimbursement for direct costs. Cancellation charges associated with orders for custom Products or Products specifically manufactured to Buyer's specification may equal the actual selling price of the Products. Seller has the right to cancel an order for cause at any time by written notice, and Seller will be entitled to cancellation and restocking charges as identified above. No termination by Buyer for cause will be effective unless and until Seller has failed to correct such alleged cause within forty-five (45) days after receipt of Buyer's written notice specifying such cause.
Seller will not be liable for any loss, damage or delay arising out of its failure (or that of its subcontractors) to perform hereunder due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God, acts or omissions of Buyer, acts of civil or military authority, fires, strikes, floods, epidemics, quarantine restrictions, war, riots, acts of terrorism, delays in transportation, or transportation embargoes. In the event of such delay, Seller's performance date(s) will be extended for such length of time as may be reasonably necessary to compensate for the delay.
Government Clauses and Contracts
Application of government contract regulations and clauses to the Products or the agreement evidenced by these terms and conditions are subject to the separate review and consent by an authorized representative at Seller's headquarters. Products sold or licensed hereunder are not intended to be used, nor should they be used, in any nuclear-related application either as a "Basic Component" as defined under United States nuclear regulations or under similar nuclear laws and regulations of any other country or otherwise.
Products and associated materials supplied or licensed hereunder may be subject to various export laws and regulations. It is the responsibility of the exporter to comply with all such laws and regulations. Notwithstanding any other provision herein to the contrary, in the event that U.S. or local law requires export authorization for the export or re-export of any Product or associated technology, no delivery can be made until such export authorization is obtained, regardless of any otherwise promised delivery date. In the event that any required export authorization is denied, Seller will be relieved of any further obligation relative to the sale and/or license and delivery of the Product(s) subject to such denial without liability of any kind relative to Buyer or any other party. Seller will not comply with boycott related requests except to the extent permitted by U.S. law and then only at Seller's discretion.
The parties will attempt in good faith promptly to resolve any dispute arising hereunder by negotiations between representatives of the parties who have authority to settle the dispute. If unsuccessful, the parties further will attempt in good faith to settle the dispute by non-binding third-party mediation, with mediator fees and expenses apportioned equally to each side. Any dispute not so resolved by negotiation or mediation may then be submitted to a court of competent jurisdiction in accordance with the terms hereof. These procedures are the exclusive procedures for the resolution of all such disputes between the parties.
Governing Law and Forum
The agreement evidenced hereby and all disputes arising thereunder will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the internal laws and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of South Carolina, but specifically excluding the provisions of the 1980 UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods. Should any term or provision hereof be held wholly or partly invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the agreement evidenced hereby will not be affected thereby.
The agreement evidenced hereby may not be assigned by either party without the written consent of the other (which consent will not be unreasonably withheld). However, consent will not be required for internal transfers and assignments as between Seller and its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates as part of a consolidation, merger or any other form of corporate reorganization.
The parties acknowledge that they have required that the agreement evidenced hereby be drawn up in English. Les parties reconnaissent avoir exigé la rédaction en anglais du Contrat. In the event of a conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version will prevail.
Publication 6500 (January 2004)